12:51 PM

Ronaldo pride at recognition

Posted by Webmaster 11


United winger insists the best is yet to come

Cristiano Ronaldo admits that he is honoured to be named PFA Player of the Year for a second time.

The Manchester United winger has now been voted the best player in the country by his peers for the past two seasons, the first player to claim back-to-back titles since Thierry Henry managed the feat back in 2003 and 2004.

The Portuguese superstar has enjoyed a fantastic season in front of goal, netting 38 times, and could yet fire the Red Devils to a domestic and European double.

He scooped the prize ahead of Liverpool's Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor and Cesc Fabregas and Portsmouth's David James.

Fantastic

He revealed that he feels privileged to have seen his talents recognised once again, and hopes that he will get the opportunity to claim the award again in the future.

"It's obviously a very important award for me," he told Sky Sports.

"I have played in England for five years and I have won two times, so it's a fantastic moment for me.

"I feel very proud to win this ward again and I want to carry on and win more."

Improve

Worryingly for the opposition defences which he has terrorised on a regular basis this season, Ronaldo insists that he is still learning and feels that he is yet to reach his full potential.

"I try and improve every year," he said.

"Not just this year and last season, every year I think I learn something and I want to keep going like that, I want to learn more.

"I think I am at the right club, with the right people, with the right players to learn more and improve myself, and I want to carry on."

0 comments: